Thursday 6 February 2014

My Magazine Model/ Artist

(Picture 2936)

The model I chose to use for my magazine is Sydonie Spiers. She is 17 years old and lives locally. There are a few reasons to why I chose to have Syd as my model:

  • Her age. Because she is seventeen, she looks a mature age therefore fit's my made up artist prefectly because I want my artist to be young however mature. Being at a matue age is effective because this means I am able to take my images more effectively.
  • She lives locally. I believe this is effective as she is there whenever I need her for the photoshoot(s) so I will not be let down.
  • She is a model. Sydonie is apart of 'Pat Keeling Modelling' in Leicester and she goes there every Friday. I believe this is very effective because she will therefore be great in front of the camera as she has been taught all different poses and what makes her look photogenic etc.
  • She has lovely facial features. Syd's eyes are a sky blue. This is effective because they stand out very well on images- this will draw my readers in. Syd also has straight teeth. This is effective as her smile looks lovely and also the majority of celebrities nowadays look perfect therefore she looks like a celebrity. Lastly, Sydonie has flawless skin. This is effective as she looks airbrushed on my images therefore she looks like an actual model.
  • She has a great eye for fashion and make-up. Because Syd has a great eye for fashion, it enabled her to bring in a few of her own clothing for the shoot. This is effective because it allows readers to be influenced by her fashion taste. Syd also has good taste in make-up. This is effective because she picked her own make-up for the shoot and it turned out great. However, we both chose her lipstick because it had to be bright and fit in with the colour scheme of my magazine.
  • She has a bubbly personality. This is effective because it meant we could see her persnality through some of the images.
  • Lastly, she is a friend. I believe having a friend on the shoot was effective because it meant we got along and she felt more confident in front of the camera rather than having to work with a stranger. It also made me feel a lot more confident taking pictures too. 
Overall, using Sydonie as a model on my photoshoot was extremely effective as she fitted my artist's role perfectly through her personality and looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment