Thursday 6 February 2014

Photoshoot Outfit's

This blog post contains the outfit's I used for my photoshoot. I will analyse why I chose these specific outfits.

This is a '3D Fluffy Flower Bralet' from Topshop. I chose this peice of clothing as it has recently been released in the shop and my magazine is music and fashion, therefore it shows that I am keeping up with the latest fashion trends for my magazine. I like the material on this because it is unusual and the idea that the pattern looks like flowers is effective because it looks sweet and girly and the target audience for my magazine is females. Because it is quite a teenage peice of clothing, it is effective for my magazine as it's target audience is mainly teenagers. Unfortunately, the item of clothing did not suit the model. I think this is because she is quite small therefore it made her look bigger than she actually is. It wasn't effective on her therefore would not look good in my magazine. I only took one image with this item of clothing on.

This is a 'Mesh Dress' from ASOS. My model brought this in from her own wardrobe as I did not own a mesh dress and I wanted to take images of her in it because mesh is on trend therefore went well with my music/ fashion magazine. The chest part of the dress is a solid colour, not mesh. This is effective as it is not too revealing. If it would have been mesh it may have put off my target audience. The mesh sleeves are also effective as they were not too revealing for my target audience. I like the material of the dress because it portrays the artist to be quite flirtatious and confident and I believe this is effective for my target audience as they may aspire to be like her. Many young audiences keep up with the latest fashion trends therefore they may consider buying this for their wardrobe. Fortunately, this looked effective on my model. The colour brought out her eye colour and the fit was perfect. With all my images, I only captured the top half of my model. This is because it is mainly supposed to be a music magazine therefore I didn't want fashion to take over although I wanted to stick to my pitch so I still considered fashion effectively.

This is the 'Adelmira Crochet Hem Cropped Jumper In Black' from Missguided.This piece of clothing was worn to the school by the model on the day of the photoshoot. Although we did not capture the main feature of the clothing (the crochet hem) it was effective as the black went tell with the simplistic theme.

This is the 'Spotty Mesh Top' from Topshop. The brand is effective as it is always on trend therefore will draw fashionista's in. I like the white mesh material because it is also on trend therefore readers may consider buying it or the magazine may appeal to them more if they like it. I also think the spots on the top is effective as mesh material can be quite revealing therefore this makes is less revealing and gives a more laid back look. The top is quite simplistic. It fit's like a t shirt and sticks to one colour so this fit's well with my simplistic theme. The item of clothing suited the model well and this was effective because it meant I could take more images of my model.

This is a t-shirt from 'Lazy Oaf', however the one we used was black and white. I like how it is a loose fit because it made the model look laid back therefore she looked more confident and in a natural environment. The use and black and white was effective because it went well with my simplistic look. The use of zig-zag's and lines etc. as a pattern on the t-shirt was very effective as it was quirky and stood out. It also made the model stand out too. I believe the pattern of the t-shirt works well with the genre of my magazine (Pop) because Pop music is seen to be quite loud and I think the t-shirt emphasises this. Sometimes the t-shirt complimented the model, however sometimes it did not. I think this is because the model is quite small therefore again made her look bigger than she actually is.

Lastly, a stripy top from H&M. I like the stripes as it is quirky and fits in well with the loud and bold genre of my magazine (Pop). The black and white is also effective because it fits the simplistic scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment