Saturday 22 March 2014

Evaluation Activity 3 DRAFT COMPLETED

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

The media institution which may distribute my media product is Hearst Magazines. This distribution company publishes famous magazines such as 'ELLE', 'COMPANY', 'Harpers Bazaar' and 'Cosmopolitan'. I believe this is a positive institution to use as the magazines they produce are well known which tells us that they are professional and know what they are doing. The magazines they publish are mainly aimed at women. This is effective as women are my target audience. The institution also publishes well known fashion magazines such as 'ELLE'. This is effective as I wanted my magazine to contain fashion so this institution would have a lot of knowledge in this specific magazine type. I also believe that 'Hearst Magazines' should publish my magazine because they are an national magazine. Due to my magazine being published in this company I think having this institution publish my magazine would be effective as it would target certain audiences (such as mainstream females). I also believe that having the magazine be published by a UK institution is more trustworthy than an unknown source. Audiences will be able to identify this institution therefore may consider reading my magazine. Unfortunately, this magazine institution do not publish a music magazine. However, I believe they are professional and have the potential to do this. The institution already produce many magazines, and publishing a different type of magazine may open up a wider audience for them, allowing them to become more and more popular. Although my magazine does not appear to look like the magazines they publish, I think they would enjoy publishing a new, upcoming and modern magazine. 
Publishing could be simple for this magazine. I could publish them in popular shops such as 'ASDA', 'Morrisons' and 'Tesco' to ensure many readers can get access to the magazine. I could also post the magazine for subscribers who want to access the magazine monthly. I would offer a subscription for my magazine because it allows me to identify weather my magazine is successful enough to be purchased on a regular basis. Many modern, upcoming magazines publish their magazines online to ensure all interested readers can get hold of it. I would have my magazine published online because my target audience is young and younger audiences are more interested in the internet therefore they may appeal to this specific idea more than the other ideas. I believe all of these publishing ideas are effective because it ensures many of the target audiences can get hold of the magazine efficiently and effectively.
I want my magazine to sustain it's professional look, therefore it will be a similar size to 'Wonderland'  magazine. I believe this size is effective and the most appropriate because it gives the magazine a professional yet expensive look. I believe this look is presented positively than simple paper magazines such as NME Magazine. NME does not appeal to me because of this. 

1 comment:

  1. Just add some detail about whether you'd have an online version of this magazine, what price you would charge and whether you'd offer a subscription. Also consider the size (will it be BIG like Wonderland or handbag size?)

    ReplyDelete