Thursday 13 March 2014

Magazine Photoshoot 2

Due to changes on my contents page, I needed more images of other people to create it to the best standard. In order to do this, I had to find models which fit the genre of my magazine appropriately. This had to be a quick and effective decision as I did not have much time left to finish my magazine. Luckily, my friends Bryony Middleton, Emma Mackey and Alex Rhodes agreed to help me. These three people are of the same age, so was effective to address my target audience of young adults.
I asked all my models to smile when taking the images. This is because the picture I had chosen of Sydonie Spiers (Orla East) on the contents page; she was smiling. This was effective because they all looked appealing and welcoming. The smiling also carried out a organised pattern within the contents page. I also asked the models to style themselves in black, grey or white clothing. This is because I wanted them to compliment the colour scheme. Excluding Alex Rhodes, the two female models achieved this.The females also wore similar make up to my main model, Sydonie. This looked organised and showed consistency. They made the finished page look appealing and professional. 
My model Alex Rhodes was a different situation. I had entered the AVS suite as I was supposed to be using it after A-Level Media student, Will Jones. Alex was a part of his photo shoot. I then had the idea of having Alex be one of my models. Will was able to give me some shooting time with Alex to take some images of him for my magazine. I was pleased with the results but unfortunately, Alex had not been styled with either black, white or grey clothing. I fixed this issue by editing the images I took of him in iPhoto to black and white. This complimented the colour scheme.

Overall, my models made a positive contribution to my magazine contents page in such a short period of time. They address my target audience well and look appealing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment