Sunday 23 March 2014

Evaluation Activity 6 DRAFT COMPLETED

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

During my music magazine coursework, I have used a variety of technology including a Canon 1000D, photo shoot lighting supplied by Lutterworth College, Apple Mac Computer and many more.


Scribd is an effective online document publisher. This has helped me to open up what is available for websites to use on the internet. Scribd has helped me to upload documents which are too large to write into Blogger. Scribd has kept my blog looking professional and tidy. The website has allowed me to develop my blog by presenting my work in a variety of ways. This website allowed me to produce word documents without having the trouble of publishing them on my blog. 


Prezi is a great online presentation application. This has helped me use a different type of presentation application other than Powerpoint. Prezi helped me develop my 25 word pitch in a more interesting way rather than just writing it in Blogger. Prezi has kept my blog looking innovative and creative. This website has also taught me that I can present my work in a more innovative way than just the traditional applications such as PowerPoint.

Blogger is a very effective online blog powered by Google. This has allowed me to present my coursework online for everyone to see. It has also allowed me to keep up to date with work and to view others blogs for inspiration and present my work in a more creative way. It has also helped me expand my knowledge on the media and websites.
Google is a online search engine. The search engine has effectively helped me with researching magazines. It has also helped me to find and research all of the other websites which has helped me to create my coursework. Google has been one of the most effective applications I have used. The search engine has allowed me to research and experiment with different websites in which my work can be presented. 


Flickr is an online photo sharing website. This website helped me get feedback on photos. It also helped promote and present my work in a more effective and clear way.  


Da Font is a website which produces many fonts. This website enabled me to experiment with fonts I could use for my mastheads. Having a variety of fonts to choose from meant I could find a font which was perfect for my pop music genre. 


Photoshop is a graphics editing programme. This programme helped me create my preliminary work, magazine draft and my final magazine pieces. Photoshop has made me learn about the ways professional magazine industries get the results they want. The programme has helped me use tools to get professional results. Photoshop has allowed me to create my work to a high standard. The tools I learnt to use on Photoshop include:
  • The 'Move' too' enabled me to move around features such as text and images to experiment and discover where they worked best.
  • The 'Rectangular Marquee' tool allowed me to crop and delete sections of images to ensure they fit on my magazine without looking stretched or blurry. 
  • The 'Magic Wand' tool enabled me to remove backgrounds of my images to replace with a colour of background I enjoy. It also helped me remove stands of hair from the models if they were out of place. 
  • The 'Colour Sampler' tool helped me get the colour from my models lipstick to use in my colour scheme. This helped me sustain an aesthetically pleasing colour scheme.
  • The 'Spot Healing Brush' enabled me to fix any gaps in my models hair to ensure she looked pleasing and like a realistic model. 
  • The 'Paint Bucket' tool allowed me to fill my background with a colour which appealed to me and attracted my target audience.
  • I used the 'Line' tool to add straight lines within my article. This was effective because it  made my double page spread neater and look professional.


My Canon 100D is a professional camera. It has allowed me to take clear, crisp images to the highest standard. Without this camera, my images would not have looked professional. This camera has taught me to take professional images and to experiment when taking them. The camera allowed me to be independent and I did not have to rely on the college camera supplied. 


Apple Mac Computers are supplied at school. They are high rated, modern computers. Using this computer helped me to upload work quickly and effectively. The computer also allowed me to discover a new type of technology which I am not used to. This has been effective because it means I can use this computer even more effectively next time I have to use it. Mac's are modern technology and I have been given the opportunity to get up to date with them. The computer allowed me to gain access to the internet to research and also use applications to produce my work on. This includes Photoshop, Word and PowerPoint. 

1 comment:

  1. Add more detail to your internet section and mention the sites you have used for research. You could also mention flickr and how this has helped you get feedback on photos. Be really specific when discussing photoshop, state which tools you learned to use and how these helped you make a 'realistic' looking magazine.

    ReplyDelete