Tuesday 28 January 2014

Audience Research Questionnaire Feedback

Below is my audience research questionnaires. I created my audience research questionnaire via 'Surveymonkey.com'. Using this website to create my questionnaire was effective because it was less time consuming and made the process faster. The website enabled me to print out the questionnaires for me to give to an age group included in my target audience. I believe this is effective because it allows me to take into consideration what they like/ enjoy and I can use these ideas in my magazine.
As you can see, almost half of the group I asked preferred 'Popular Music' over any other genre. This is effective because it means my magazine (if it was to be real) would apply to this audience. Although a few said that popular music wasn't their favourite, this does not mean they have not taken it into consideration. Ellie, Emma, Lucy, Abi and Jess chose other genres (not pop). However, by reading their responses, their favourite genre's work well with popular music. Emma wrote that 'Folk' was her favourite music genre. This compliments 'Pop' well as folk artists such as the old-fashioned Taylor Swift was included in the 'UK Top 40' a lot.
Lucy wrote that 'Dance' music was her favourite genre. This is effective as many dance artists such as 'Neon Jungle' and 'Matrix & Futurebound' are featured in the charts. 
Abi wrote that 'Alternative', 'Rock', 'Indie' and 'Folk' were her favourite genres. I believe this is effective for the same reasons as above. Artists/ bands such as 'Mumford & Sons' and 'Arctic Monkeys' are in the 'UK Top 40' on a regular basis. 
Lastly, Jess and Ellie said that they like Pop music but it isn't their favourite. However, both chose songs which have been featured in the charts before so this highlights they are interested in the genre. 
From this questionnaire I can infer that although 'Popular Music' may not be everyone favourite, this target audience group still takes an interest in it even if it is just on the Radio or at parties. Everybody has different lengths of enjoying pop music but I believe this is effective because it drives me to create a magazine which everybody in my target audience enjoys. 



No comments:

Post a Comment