Sunday 19 January 2014

Audience Research


I decided to do my audience research on mainstream and my music genre, popular music is classed as mainstream in todays society. The groups which came up in mainstream tribes are chavers, fan girls, chavs, sports junkies and blingers. 
I believe mainstream is inferring to teenagers mainly. This is because the majority of teenagers are stereotyped into these groups. The mainstream features of this tribal society are chart music (mainly popular music), prime time TV, local nights, recognised fashion and regular drinking.

The questions I will be asking my peers are:

  • What is your all time favourite song?
  • How often do you listen to the radio?
  • What music artist inspires you the most and why?
  • Which three colours remind you of Popular Music?
  • Where do you shop most for clothes? How often?
  • If you do listen to the radio, which radio station(s) do you listen to the most?
  • Where do you purchase your music from?
  • Do you listen to music in the charts such as 'The UK Top 40'?
  • Can you relate to lyrics of the songs you listen to?
  • What is your favourite music genre and why?
Later on in my blog posts I shall be using the website surveymonkey.com in order for peers to answer my questionnaire and receive their feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment