Wednesday 15 January 2014

Chosen Music Genre And Genre Images

The genre I have chose to focus on and use is Popular Music (Pop). I have chosen this because it allows me to use my imagination more, be creative and also create something original and different.  My chosen genre appeals to the majority of people, therefore if my magazine was to become real, I would potentially sell a lot of copies as there is always at least one group or artist which appeals to someone. I aim to make everything on my magazine support my genre and make it realistic to ensure that it would sell. This post includes a variety of fashion, looks, artists and music videos etc. which have caught my eye and have inspired me to choose popular music.
  
I like the idea of mesh material being used on the model. It is a popular material recently and does a variety of things for my magazine. Firstly, it flatters my model as she can layer up clothes such as what the model has done in the left photo. It looks fashionable and modern and I believe popular artists keep up with the latest fashion trends. Secondly, because mesh is a see through material, it would allow my model to look flirtatious. I believe my model should have a personality in order for my image to look perfect, therefore by using this material it would make my model look interesting and appealing.Lastly, because the material is on trend, teenage audiences might consider buying a similar product, making the magazine known for forming a particular trend (if it was real). An example of a particular artist who has considered mesh material in clothing is Rihanna.


Bright lipstick for my model has also been taken into consideration. Bright lipstick is not only on trend all the time, it is a bold statement. The left image includes a model with mascara and lipstick on. Although the mascara on her eyelashes are mainly drawing the audience in, her lips are too. The colour of her lipstick compliments the colour of the magazine title. In the right image, the model is wearing a very bright lipstick. By doing this ensures all eyes are on her, drawing the audience in yet again. Everything in the image is pretty basic so the lipstick makes a statement.


The idea of a simplistic look intrigued me. Although it may be classed as boring and simple, it could look right on the right person. On the left, Miley Cyrus has considered make up in order for her photo to stand out. The lipstick chosen compliments the dress as black and red go well together. On the right, Rihanna has considered clothing and hair to make her photo appealing. Because the clothing is revealing, it draws in a male audience. It makes the artist look flirtatious. Rihanna's hair is slightly on her face, which gives her an effortless look. 


To have a successful magazine cover, I need to consider facial expression. On the left we can see Beyonce is pouting so we know shes either being flirtatious, silly or trying to sell a product. On the right, Barbara Palvin looks intriguing. Her eyes are drawing the audience in and so are her lips because of the way shes chosen to be and also the use of make up.

No comments:

Post a Comment